Sunday, May 25, 2014

Reign (Complete Season)


Reign is a 2013-2014 TV series, broadcasting on the CW network, on Mary, Queen of Scots stay at the French court during the 1550s. It premiered on October 17, 2013 to an audience of 1.98 million. The season concluded on May 15, 2014 with 1.24 million viewers. The first season of the show consists of 22 episodes.

On February 13, 2014, the show was renewed for a second season.

The French Royal Family
Adelaide Kane as Mary, Queen of Scots
Alan Van Sprang as King Henry II of France
Torrances Coombs as Sebastian "Basch"

Mary's Ladies
Anna Popplewell as Lola
Celina Sinden as Greer
Cailtin Stasey as Kenna
Jenessa Grant as Aylee

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 7
Episode 8
Episode 9
Episode 10
Episode 11
Episode 12
Episode 13 and 14
Episode 15
Episode 16
Episodes 17-22

I give the first season of Reign 2/5. First of all, I would like to apologize for not covering the last six episodes of the season but exams got in the way. Never fear, the complete season review is here! 

This show is incredibly INCREDIBLY historically inaccurate. Mary, Queen of Scots is all wrong. Francis II is wrong. Catherine de Medici is all wrong. Henry II is all wrong....you get my point. he biggest thing to keep in mind about this show is that it is targeted towards teens. All teens care about are pretty people and sex and that is pretty much what the show provides. Who cares about historically accurate clothing? Girls just want to see nice dresses so that's what we'll do! The acting is atrocious. I shudder thinking about all the confessions in this series. I think the worst offender is Adelaide Kane herself. The romances in this series are absolutely dreadful. Lola's 10 second marriage shocked me by its sheer stupidity. As a teenage, historically inclined girl, I understand what they are going for. I will admit that I enjoy the romance between Greer and Leith. I enjoyed the struggled faced by Greer between choosing between her heart and duty. However, I was disappointed that just when the show was dealing out a moral lesson it steam rollers itself. Is this series great? Hell no. Good? Meh. Decent? Yes. It's just something you watch to pass the time.  Will I watch season 2? You tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment